Monday, April 9, 2012

The Alarming Cigarettes Commericals

Smoking doesn't run in my family, but my mom and brothers smoke. I knew that smoking cigarettes would harm your health and I didn't understand why my siblings and mother smoked. Now what they called them is "cancer sticks." After a while cigarettes causes cancer and affect your respiratory system. I already was clear on the consequences of them, however I never knew it went beyond what I had known.

I was sitting home and an commerical came on about this woman who had lost the tips of her fingers on one hand and a man who had his legs amputated below his knees. I was in shock when I found out that the reason for these unfortunate diabilities was because of the side effects of smoking. It blew me away of course because I did not know that you would be at risk of losing your body parts because of it.

There was another commerical I seen that was just jaw dropping. This commerical was about a lady who was standing in the mirror and she had no hair. She looked sick and warned out. As she was in mirror she put on a wig and when you look at her, you could see that she had an hole in her throat. In order for her to talk she had to put some type of capitor in her throat. My guess, is that she was sick from throat cancer.

Looking at these commericals can be a bit harsh for some, but it clearly states the reality of smoking. It scared me. I couldn't beleived, it affected me a lot and I know it had to touch all of the tabacco smokers out there in the world. If these main points about the side effects of smoking don't make you want to quit, then I don't know what will. It is very scary.

Tabbacco kills! I cannot stand it and after seeing the cigarette advertisments I despise it even more. I think that these commericals are very important reality check.

Check out this Video!


No comments:

Post a Comment