Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Watching The Doctor's TV Show


The day before yesterday I was checking out one of my TV shows called "The Doctors". They were discussing the health risks of improper dental hygiene. Did you know that if you do not properly care for your teeth that it can lead to serious health problems?

First of all I did not know how bad it could get, I mean I knew you can get gum disease from not taking care of your mouth, but I did not know it could be a life and death situation. Bad dental hygiene can lead to gum disease and then escalate into health problems such as having a stroke, heart attack and leading to bacteria entering the bloodstream, which can be life threatening.

The Doctors suggest to brush your teeth twice a day, gargle with mouth wash and to always floss between meals. They also recommend you drink water after eating to rinse away food particles and acids from any foods. Also wait at least 30 minutes before brushing after eating citrus fruits.

A healthy mouth can improve your health in every way.



No comments:

Post a Comment